Life Lessons Learned While Shooting a Music Video

Hi Friends!

I released a music video on Friday for my song "That String."  The central image in the song is a balloon, so I decided to try and break as many of the balloon-related world records as I could.  It turns out (spoiler alert!) I couldn't break any.  I do think I set the Most Failed Attempts at Breaking Balloon-Related World Records though.  And probably, the Most Fun Had Ever (this one is harder to prove).  

Check it out: 


And as every day of this crazy, musical journey is a learning experience, I thought I'd share a few of the gems I learned during this project.

Life lessons learned while shooting this video:


  • If you dance around the Coney Island boardwalk by yourself, holding 20 pink balloons, you will be the least interesting person for miles.  If you want to stand out at Coney Island, you're going to have to try harder.
  • Filling up water balloons in an antiquated Queens bathroom sink will cause the pipes to back up and flood your apartment.  But fear not!  (If you're more concerned about the balloons than the flood.. as I was).  The guardian angel that has been overcompensating for your lack of planning all day might just step in and let you know that your friend, Jillian, has a hose and lives across the street from where you are shooting.  Who has a hose in NYC??  Only Jillian.
  • If you sit on a balloon and it pops in just the right (or wrong.. depending on how you look at it) way, it will sting like a bee, make a bruise that looks like a bullet-hole scar, and sitting will be a challenge for the rest of the day.
  • Don't try to bounce balloons on your head on a windy pier.  Duh.
  • If you want people to enjoy something you create, it helps if you enjoyed making it.  Fun wins.



Love Love Love,
Kat

Share this:

0 comments :

Post a Comment