Dove Pearl of Wisdom #5


The day I unwrapped this gem, I wrote to one of my best friends and asked her to tell me something I didn’t know about her.  She immediately responded with “I was in a viral YouTube video.”  No hesitation.  Like she had been waiting for me to ask this since it happened… three years ago.  She was translating for a Chilean farmer while a horse nibbled on the camera man’s ear.  That's YouTube GOLD right there.  

Thousands of people had seen this video, and I had no idea.  It took a chocolate wrapper to get me to ask the right question.  

We live in a world full of prompts.  A man playing the guitar on the subway, a store opening, a book that catches your eye… each one of these things has a story; a mystery we can choose to uncover or choose not to.  This week, I chose to follow the prompts of Dove Chocolate wrappers, and it lead me to think about the creative life in a different way every day, which I believe was a worthwhile adventure.  

Whenever we feel stuck creatively, we can just look up, and BOOM, unstuck. If we stay curious about our surroundings and follow where they lead, we will connect.  Heck, we might even learn our best friend is an internet celebrity. And if that’s not the whole point of the creative life, then I don’t know what is.  

Dove Dove Dove,
Kat

Share this:

0 comments :

Post a Comment